Are you interested in learning more about securing an RV loan with less than ideal credit?
While having a low credit rating can decrease your odds of qualifying for an RV loan, Southeast Financial can help you examine your options to see if you can get approved for a loan that meets your needs.
How Can I Qualify For This Program?
Use the list below to help determine what you need in order to qualify for an RV loan with poor credit:
- Must provide proof of income. Income must be verifiable and consistent
- Recreational Use Only
- Prior bankruptcies are ok, but they must be discharged and have no multiple fillings
- Must have prior positive installment loan history
- Must have stable employment, minimum 2 years for self-employed applicants.
- Minimum credit score 550 typically
- Minimum income of $20,000 annually
What Might Disqualify Me?
- High debt ratio
- Multiple bankruptcies
- Unverifiable income
- Limited installment history
How Can I Improve My Chances of Getting Approved for an RV Loan?
Getting easy financing with bad credit history for your RV can be difficult but there are strategies you can use to help improve your chances of getting approved. Here are a few of the most effective things you can do:
- Put Money Down: If you are able to provide a down payment of more than 20 percent, the likelihood of securing the rest of the financing that you need will increase.
- Secure the Best Price: Shop until you find the right price: make sure after your down payment to request a loan of no more than the wholesale or used sale price that the RV is projected to be.
- Report Increases in Income: Though you may have hurt your credit score in the past, strong income in the present may make up for it. Also, if someone else in your household has recently started receiving an income, this can make you a better prospect to a lender.
- Pay Off Debt: One factor that credit reporting agencies examine is your debt-to-equity ratio—with good reason: people are less likely to pay back new loans if their existing loans are already above a certain level compared to their assets and income. Therefore, consider paying off at least one of your existing loans and showing a plan to pay off more in the future. Though this may delay your RV purchase, it can improve your overall financial strength.
- Check for Errors: In some cases, errors in your credit report may be the culprit, so request and check your report and inform the agency of any errors you find.
Though it will take time for your credit rating to change, a lender may look more favorably on your loan application because of your commitment to financial improvement.
Collateral and Loan Advance
Collateral up to 15 years old considered
RV Loans and RV Financing– Southeast Financial
Southeast Financial is the leader in RV Financing nationwide. We finance new and used RVs with extended loan terms which means a lower payment for you. Our RV loans range from $7,500 and up. We offer both new and used RV financing and are able to secure financing in all 50 states. Get in touch with us to learn more about our RV loan program for people who have experienced bad credit issues.
Southeast Financial Offers Financing For :